Sunday, April 3, 2011

The reflection



The reflection in the mirror answers the same description
But the address does not bring out the same person
She gropes in the chaos, the dust of insecurity closes her eyes
She holds on to what she can, and all that she holds gives up
She tries to stand, quite firm looking ground
It's sliding away, it's just quick sand; she looks around
 She speaks the same words over again to herself loud enough
What echoes back from within is a sarcastic cough
She tries saying something else; it's no use anymore
The same sarcastic cough from within is all she can hear
The cough that blows up her claims of knowledge
Knowledge of her own self, knowledge of within
Can't say masks have come up or masks have come off
Can't say pain has numbed love or reality got it written off 
But if this is real, that was a dream, a beautiful one
If she was asleep then, why does she now want to doze off and be gone ?

4 comments:

Beyond Horizon said...

Sometimes there is so much of chaos, everything looks hazy and forget our own self...But just the strength to live up again, will show the address of the same person, in the reflection!

Very nice RM :)

Rashmirekha Manna said...

Thanks Beyond Horizon... the footholds on the staircase are just so slippery. One tends to loose faith even if one doesn't want to... not on God... but on people...

Ramesh Sood said...

This is good one.. I don't know RM but I think I have been exploring all this.. On selfawareness somewhere om my page I have written:

To go to the darkest corners
Of my Innerspace, I dare
It's this fearlessness perhaps
That makes me self-aware..

Whatever we have lived is part of us.. good and bad.. whatever..it is to be left behind..present is always so good and haven't we spent all our life to reach moment.. lets be a little more than ordinaries.. we were not born to be extra ordinaries.. and even if we become.. that would be a blessing..but who will certify..in our lifetime...

Rashmirekha Manna said...

Completely agree with you sir.

But this past of half truths used to trouble me at times...(my dark side frightens me

(http://heartspeakrm.blogspot.com/2010/05/afraid-of-mirror.html) )

I wanted to be purged... I have been judged as trying to be perfect....or thinking too much unnecessarily.... but it is not that.. it is just that I can only smile or feign laughter but not laugh when I know that there is some dark corner within which needs to be dusted...

But now I am more at peace with myself... now I know we can not throw away the darkness or the stale air... but we CAN let the light in and the breeze along with it

Thanks n Regards

Resolve

Don’t ever try to become somebody else’s dream. That is when you lose the freedom to shape your life your own way. It is way more rewarding ...