Friday, April 29, 2011

I want ! !

Again re posting. I had written it before I was in 10th standard. Then lost it in an unfortunate incident. Had the theme and majority of the 1st, 2nd and 4th stanza in memory. Recreated in 2005; lost again; then recreated in 2009 and then added the 3rd stanza; as the memory of my parent's reactions to this poem, in my school days, had become a beautiful childhood memory in itself by then :) :). Here it goes :)



I want..... ! !


In the hours of the cool night
When there is nothing to fright
When stars twinkle and heavenly bodies glow
I want something even more
I want a cool breeze to flow


In the hours of the dusk
The cattle trample the path back home
On their way,waking up dust,painting the horizon gore
No one would ask for anything more
But I liked the morning song and I want the birds to encore


In the hours of the noon
when there is the sweet melody of silence
accompanied by the silken rustling symphony of the leaves
Eyes slowly closing in to capture in dreams the childhood forgone
Can any one ask for anything more
But I still want a smooth drizzle to pour


Why is it so ?
Is it because I am human
Always wanting more than the neighbour and the foe
My desires growing as I get more
Does not the sea of greed possess a shore…….



2 comments:

Rachit said...

and humans ask and ask for more, yet to quench the ever lasting thirst they pass on it to something more extravagant.

Nice Read :)

Rashmirekha Manna said...

@ Rachit: Yes we humans do it... thanks for sparing your thoughts and the visit. Glad you liked it.

Take care :)

Resolve

Don’t ever try to become somebody else’s dream. That is when you lose the freedom to shape your life your own way. It is way more rewarding ...