Sunday, July 22, 2018

I do

I looked up at the vast azure and asked
Why?
Why am I denied what is so easy for everyone else
Why every time I have to seek like a beggar the opportunity to be all that I can be

He looked down at me and said,

"Daughter, see where you are standing
You say you are a beggar
You who stands in her own Home
You who had once thought of it as a distant, impossible dream
You foolishly ask to lead one home
I have built you to lead a hundred homes
You dream to mother a child
I have filled you with strength to bring up a thousand children
You wish to cradle an infant
I have made you to be a mother of men
You wish to nurture a son or daughter
You are to be a mother to fathers and mothers forgotten
You aspire to spoil a naughty child
You have to show the path to a people gone astray for the want of a mother.

You wish to inculcate civility in your lineage
You have to bring back a generation to the path of righteousness.

You have to bring back the faith in right doing.
You are looking at taming hills.
When I have built you to rule mountains.
How can I oblige Oh daughter?
I have made the world to be your home
You ask me for a hut
How will you fit in
You are not born to beg
You are my princess
You are to rule on my behalf
You are to re-establish my name
You are to take the throne from me
Take charge my daughter"


I bow and say... "I do"

3 comments:

Partha Sarathi Samantaray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Partha Sarathi Samantaray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Partha Sarathi Samantaray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Resolve

Don’t ever try to become somebody else’s dream. That is when you lose the freedom to shape your life your own way. It is way more rewarding ...