Sunday, October 12, 2014

Pink Roses

Someone came along and said to me you are so beautiful and went off to lead a life oblivious to me, I revelled in happiness, floated high, looked the moon in the eye.
Till a day someone came along and said to me you are ugly and went off to lead a life oblivious to me, I fell down from the great height, felt miserable and couldn't see the mirror in the eyes.
Till a day I came across the one-who-had-said- I am beautiful and the one-who-had-said-I am ugly sitting together and arguing on the color of roses to be planted in their garden. The one-who-had-said-I am beautiful said yellow is beautiful and red is ugly. The one-who-had-said-I am ugly said red is beautiful and yellow is ugly. When I approached them with an anticipation of recognition in their eyes, they didn't seem to have any memory of me at all. I tried to use their logic to decide I am beautiful or ugly. I found out I liked Pink and never could focus on the beauty or ugliness of Red or Yellow.
I was happy again.
We spend life times trying to conform to people's opinions, only to discover if we are lucky enough, that it never mattered....those opinions, even to those who gave the opinions. All we need to try to find out and gather are our own pink roses.

1 comment:

Ramesh Sood said...

You got it so very right.. An absolute delight to read.. May God bless you..!!

Resolve

Don’t ever try to become somebody else’s dream. That is when you lose the freedom to shape your life your own way. It is way more rewarding ...