Sunday, March 6, 2011

Moments that make life


I had been pondering over the accounts chapter and had probably read the same paragraph more than 20 times on the loop without being aware of it. When I realised it, I realised it's time for a break as my mind had already taken a break and sneaked out of the book into it's favorite game of "chasing the mouse within".

Time to discipline it. My new found enthusiasm to train my mind to obey my command, thanks to "The Monk who sold his Ferrari". (Hope it stays with me)

I looked up, in the hope of finding something that would refresh me. There was this bluish shimmer on gray, some hint of crimson, the glow, a smooth outline, a calm, tranquil, innocent, fearless, exploring body language, on a back ground of blue, blue as water but matte not shiny.

It was a pigeon sitting on the nearby asbestos sheet that covered the stairs. It looked beautiful to me now. It had always been just a fellow creature that shared the terrace with me, hardly worth a second look. I realised it was just the way I looked at it, I looked only at it, with it being the focus, and no thoughts playing a back ground cacophony.

I learnt, if we really do only one thing at a time with all our focus, that one thing will give us something.

Satisfaction and a little packet of energy to keep us going till another such moment when we look at life and love it, just love it and be happy about it; and we smile. Such a smile that while at it, when we close our eyes, the curves on our cheeks spread like ripples or waves that reach within, and touch our heart with warmth and leaves us content

6 comments:

Ramesh Sood said...

Excellent.. that's what is needed.. giving 100 percent to whatever the moment demands or commands.. without regrets.. that's living.. I liked your write RM.. Monk... yes a good book.. but then there are so many of them.. ah.. what can I say.. have a look at Priya Kumar's "I Am Another You.." ..I love reading.. as you already know..

Ramesh Sood said...

One more thing.. do visit my Post.. 'Where Am I, placed in January, 2011.. and with reference to your comment on my page.. Let us live with our truth.. let others have theirs.. We all reach our own levels of understanding based on our upbringing and what we have picked on the way ..a thing will look different depending upon from what distance and which side we are looking at it.. everybody has a right to his or her truth.. you have to yours , I have to mine.. then why I have written so much here.. this is what I have to find an answer for..it always eludes..

Beyond Horizon said...

Surely those are the Moments of Life!!


P.S. Loved the Template :)

Rashmirekha Manna said...

@ RS: First of all thanks for inviting me to the blog " Where Am I". I got enriched :)

And really thanks for your words on my blog. I really need that light at the end of the tunnel to keep going.
Regards

@ Beyond Horizon: Dear, you have really been a loyal audience. I would have stopped but for your solitary comments. Thanks a lot from the core of my heart for being there. Lot's of luv and blessings coming your way :)

And abt the template... don't ask I had almost lost some of my work ... had to go into some trouble to get it back. LOL

Beyond Horizon said...

Always with you RM :)

Hehehe...dont worry dear, your work wont be lost just its retrieval and arranging it again is bit difficult ;)

Rashmirekha Manna said...

@ Beyond Horizon: Thanks. About the template ... m still clueless about how to use the templates I download from the internet. But I'll let that be pending for sometime. I like the current one somewhat :)

Resolve

Don’t ever try to become somebody else’s dream. That is when you lose the freedom to shape your life your own way. It is way more rewarding ...