Wednesday, June 29, 2011

She is adamant



The rain waits at my door, like a naughty child, stamping her feet, pursuing me to play with her. 





When I close the doors on her face, she brings along her stronger cousin the wind, and she beats my door ferociously.

I feign anger, with a straight face I go to the terrace, trying not to emote. She teases me, shouting loudly with the thunders. When I put a finger on my lips and ask her to keep quiet with an angry face, she tries to amuse with the fire works of lightning.


She keeps dancing form morn till noon. I decide the crazy kid needs some rest and ask her father, the Sun, to forbid her, but I find him hiding himself behind her mother, the cloud. The cloud argues for her child. When she has let her daughter leave her lap and go play at aunt earth for her vacation, who am I to interfere.

I give in.

I look at rain again, it's about to get dark, she dazzles me with a lightning again, laughs like a symphony and splashes me.

Disarmed I join her :)


Confession: I am obsessed by the rains :)

5 comments:

Ramesh Sood said...

This is simply fabulous... if you are obsessed with rains RM see my today's entry for OSI Challenge of
6-2-8 syllable and don't miss Friday haikus..it will rain haikus.. hope you will enjoy them the way I enjoyed your post.. first two lines invited me to read full..you are a very discerning thinker and writer..let the talent bloom..

Beyond Horizon said...

Oh WOW!!! This is so beautiful and a touch of innocence too hidden in it :)

Hmm..the obsession! me too...The rains as if the nature speaks to us

RMP said...

stunning! i love the way you've captured the spirit of rain with that of a child. lovely and mystical.

Jyoti Mishra said...

Loved the way u played with words.
Awesome read !!

Rashmirekha Manna said...

@ Ramesh sir: Thank you sir... I have really missed this place... it feels like being home again... I have read your Haikus sir... they are as beautiful as the rains

@ Beyond Horizon: Sweet heart you always bring me back... God bless you .. love you

@ RMP: Thanks your first comment here... I am glad you liked it... I believe all of us have a child within and we should at times just let it be the rain and thunder and splash and sparkle and drench the world around... in Ramesh sir's words... practice happiness... in fact celebrate happiness

Take care.. thanks again :)

@ Jyoti: Thank you so much... you have been coming back after the first time you came here... that really boosts my confidence... really humbled... thanks a lot... take care :)

Resolve

Don’t ever try to become somebody else’s dream. That is when you lose the freedom to shape your life your own way. It is way more rewarding ...