Saturday, May 14, 2011

My 51st Post : What the heck? Who’s John Galt?




I never asked you to wait
I didn't know how long would it take
But when I turn back now
I see
The abode of memories shaken to the core
I had failed the love
But you failed yourself
You are not the you anymore
I could trust your unbelievable dreams
But not this practical, smiling, stable man that screams,
"I am so help less" and that's his plea to suffocate his dreams










I had seen an innocent seed
I deserved to see a promising bud
If at all
Not this wilted corpse of a flower
I see you but can't see through any more
You became just another one lost in the crowd and furore
I see John becoming James, my senses revolt
Oww!! What the heck? Who’s John Galt?


P.S. I have borrowed the phrase "who's John Galt?" and the names of the characters John Galt and James Taggart from Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged.

6 comments:

Ramesh Sood said...

Indeed... who is John Galt? In fact in last few months life is changing with such a speed..that I need to be saying this almost every day..few things need to be left..unanswered..life becomes more beautiful..

Saumya said...

I had failed the love
But you failed yourself

ohhh...it just cut through the heart!!....we all change...and so did 'he'....at times i wonder 'being yourself' is really that tough?

Rashmirekha Manna said...

@ Saumya: Glad that you liked it :)

I believe if we can just stick to being ourselves no matter what, nothing makes life easier than going on being oneself.. :)

Complications will uncomplicate eventually with a little patience :)

Take care :)

Rashmirekha Manna said...

The following was the comment by Ramesh Sood sir, which got lost in the restoration done by blogger

"Indeed... who is John Galt? In fact in last few months life is changing with such a speed..that I need to be saying this almost every day..few things need to be left..unanswered..life becomes more beautiful.."


@ Ramesh sir: I too have come to believe if we could leave something's unanswered and also quiet our heart and that mouse within the head, that keeps taking up the questions, tempts us to ask them, life could be much easier.

Thanks for your words sir :)

Regards

Beyond Horizon said...

I really have no words to express on this, this is so pure :)

"I see you but can't see through any more" simply touching :)

Rashmirekha Manna said...

@ Beyond Horizon: :) :) Love you dear

Resolve

Don’t ever try to become somebody else’s dream. That is when you lose the freedom to shape your life your own way. It is way more rewarding ...